Spring Term informationCastleman Academy Trust | Return to School Guidance
Pupils in Year 7 and 8 will access remote learning from 5th – 8th January, unless they are a child of a key worker or are deemed vulnerable (please see below).
Due to the increased demands on staff time over these 4 days we are unable to schedule any phone calls home HOWEVER if you need help, support or guidance please contact us and we will get back to you. The best line of communication is your child’s tutor via email but you are also welcome to call via the school office.
Information about Remote Learning
We have invested in an online learning provision called Century Tech. Century Tech is a tried and tested intelligent intervention tool which is designed to identify gaps and address misconceptions. It combines this with what we understand about how the brain learns best to create a learning pathway for each individual based on a diagnostic assessment. The huge benefit of this way of learning is that each child’s learning pathway is specific to their individual needs; it identifies their gaps and creates a series of ‘nuggets’ which are mini lessons to address your child’s misconceptions. Data gathered as your child works through their pathway will determine the programme of nuggets provided.
The children have been working with Century Tech in school to help address the diversity of needs since lockdown in March and ensure that all of the children have the secure foundation they need before they embark on new concepts. They are well versed in how to access their pathway and should be able to complete their pathway independently. If they struggle with a concept, their pathway will be adjusted automatically to include more practice where needed or as soon as they grasp a concept, the pathway will move them on to the next step in their learning.
Useful to know:
- Century Tech will never be ‘finished’. Your child should not run out of learning – the programme will continue to provide nuggets in response to what your child has completed.
- As well as the learning pathway, teachers can set specific assignments – the children are used to accessing these.
- We will expect 45 mins of English and Maths each day and 30 minutes of Science daily. This can be completed in small chunks with breaks in between to ensure a break from screen time.
- Each nugget should take around 15 minutes to complete.
- Teachers can monitor access to the learning – they receive data of which nuggets have been attempted and completed, how long each child has spent accessing their pathway and how accurate their learning has been.
- It is important that your child completes the entire nugget. The input can be accessed either through a video or slide show and this should be completed before accessing the questions.
As well as the subjects above, we will expect 30 minutes of reading each day and 30 minutes of physical activity. We will also be providing foundation subjects to be completed over the week which will depend on the year group your child is in and their timetable. A mindfulness activity has been included too.
How to access Remote Learning
Please click on the link below to access the Remote Learning resources…
Contact with school
Staff email addresses
Miss L Adams: firstname.lastname@example.org
Madame N Baron: email@example.com
Miss L Bown: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs F Utley: email@example.com
Mr M Yeates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr A Doidge: email@example.com
Mr B Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr G Hart: email@example.com
Mrs D Curtis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs A Barter: email@example.com
Critical Worker (Key Worker) and Vulnerable Group Information
For a complete definition of critical workers, and to see if you are included in the critical workers list, please see the link below.
To confirm your childs attendance on the 6th, 7th and 8th January, please complete the application form linked below.